If you are looking to create an account on Pinterest, the steps to do so are elaborated below.
Opening an account on Pinterest
- There are three ways to sign up for a free account on Pinterest.
- If you have an account on Facebook, you could choose to sign up with the same login credentials. When you choose this option, you can enter the Facebook login details to access an account on Pinterest.
- Twitter account credentials can also be used to sign into Pinterest. Simply choose to log in using Twitter login details and you can get to access Pinterest.
- You can also sign in with your email address. This is another way to access Pinterest.
- Once you have chosen one of these links to sign into Pinterest, you need to choose a unique username for Pinterest.
- When you choose a username for Pinterest, ensure that you choose a unique username that is of three to five characters, but does not contain punctuation marks, symbols or dashes.
How Pinterest can help your business
There are several uses that a Pinterest account can get for you such as:
- If you have a business, you can use this image sharing site for promotion of your business.
- A free business account can be used for promoting images, sharing buttons and widgets as well.
- If you wish to make use of Pinterest to its full blown features, you need to sign up and use the application’s special business benefits.
How to browse Pinterest image boards?
Those who sign up for an account on Pinterest can do the following:
- Image collections is the premier feature of this application.
- Those who become members can use the free account to post pictures.
- They can comment on pictures posted by others on Pinterest.
- One can have a virtual pin board for their image collection and they can start to organize the same.
- Those who become members find it beneficial as they have access to different features such as a large collection of images in the different communities and forums, some of which are available for download for free.
How to start using your Pinterest account?
- Once you have created a username and signed up for an account on Pinterest you need to confirm your credentials.
- Whether you have used your Twitter, Facebook login credentials or simply your email address, you would be asked to click on the confirmation link that is sent to your email address.
- Once you click on this you would be asked to get back to Pinterest and finish the signing up process.
- When you use Twitter or Facebook to sign up for Pinterest, this provides access to your list of contacts on these social media platforms. As a result, you would be displayed the contacts who are also using Pinterest and are already part of your contacts list. You could share and connect with them on Pinterest as well.
The benefits of signing up for a Pinterest account
There are several benefits that you will enjoy when you sign up for a Pinterest account such as:
- You will get in touch with different communities.
- You can share your works, images of your business or products using Pinterest as a platform.
- If you connect to Pinterest using your Facebook or Twitter accounts, you will be able to use this platform to post photos and share them with your contacts.
- Even if you sign up without linking any of your social media accounts you can do so later by visiting your account settings. Here you can click on the button to activate and link your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- Pinterest offers other advantages as well, such as using your Pinterest username as your unique URL. It becomes a web address of your Pinterest account that you can share with others.
- The username you have becomes part of your Pinterest URL. If you wish to change it, you can visit the account settings and get it changed.
- If you are working with different kinds of images and need to promote the same you would want to be part of Pinterest.
- This visual sharing service is one of the highly popular sites; hence if you promote your images as a professional photographer or for your business, your Pinterest URL will come to good use.
Pinterest is a good platform to use, whether you are signing up as a personal user or wish to showcase your business images. You can promote your images easily once you have uploaded them on Pinterest; sharing them publicly or privately are up to the users. You also gain access to several public images that are shared on this community platform. It becomes easier to find images of your choice from this website and to share images of your choice or of your requirement with others from this service as well.