Are you a fan of Hotmail and want to have an account on this platform. Have a look on the process how you can create an account on Hotmail and how you can log into that account.
Steps for creating fresh Hotmail account
- Step 1
Turn on your PC and open your browser. In the browser type the URL for Outlook that is http://www.outlook.com/. You must be wondering why you are asking you to enter the Outlook URL in browser when you have to create an account on Hotmail. So, the answer is both Outlook and Hotmail is the email application of Microsoft. Now, Microsoft has merged Hotmail with Outlook. Therefore, to create an account on Microsoft platforms, one has to use the same URL.
- Step 2
When the page will open, you need to click on the options ‘Create New Account’. You can find this option at the bottom of the page or on the right side of the page.
- Step 3
When you will click on the option ‘Create New Account’ a new page will open where in you need to enter your personal details like your name, contact number, alternate email ID, etc.
- Step 4
The first page will give you the option to enter your name, last name and email ID. In the email ID section, the Microsoft page will give you the option to create accounts either with the extension Outlook or Hotmail. While creating the username, Hotmail will give you options to create a unique username. It will not save the username until it is unique. Once your username is freeze, the next step is you need to create a secure password for your username. Hotmail has some terms and conditions for creating a secure password as well. You need to follow the same condition. Once you are done with the process of creating the username and ID password, then click on the next button present at the bottom.
- Step 5
Before clicking on the next buttons, do not forget to uncheck the box with the message ‘ Send me promotional mails from Hotmail’. However, if you wish to receive promotional mails from Microsoft then you can keep the box checked.
- Step 6
At this pace the Microsoft will ask you to enter your more details like your date of birth, your location and your country. It will also ask your contact number and alternate email ID on this page. You will find the drop downs here to enter those details; therefore, you do not have to type the numbers and location.
- Step 7
In the last part of the form, Microsoft will send you a verification code to verify that you are the authentic user of this email account. You may receive the verification code either on your phone number or alternate Email Id.
- Step 8
Before clicking on submit option, check the box that says you agree with all the terms and conditions on Hotmail use.
- Step 9
Now, click on the submit button to freeze all your detail and wait for the account to be created.
This is the simple and quick method of creating an account on the Hotmail platform. Now, the next step is to sign in to the Hotmail account. Here is a step-by-step guide how you can sign into your new Hotmail account.
- Step 1
Again open your browser and type the URL http://www.outlook.com/ and press the enter button. For login to Hotmail account as well, you need to use the same URL as Microsoft does not take Hotmail and Outlook as a separate email platform. Both are common for Microsoft and that it has a common login platform for both extensions.
- Step 2
A new page will open when you will press the enter button. This is the same page which we used to create a new account on Hotmail. Now, instead of clicking on the options “Create account’, you need to click on the option sign on.
- Step 3
Now, when you will click on the sign in option a new page will open asking you to enter your username. Here, you need to enter the same user id which you created recently. Enter the complete username, that is your username with the extension and click on the next button.
- Step 4
On this page you need to enter the password of your username. Type the exact password, which you created. If you have you any special characters or capital letter or small letter combination in the password, use the same. Any change in the password format will not let you to sign in your account. If you have any difficulty in remembering the username and password, then it is better that you note down the details at some secret place. This way you will always be able to enter the correct login credentials of your Hotmail account.
- Step 5
After entering the correct password of your account, press the next button and you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox. In the inbox, you can do all the activities like check mail, check folders, access calendar, etc.
This is the simple and easy process of creating the Hotmail account and sign in. You can always login to your Hotmail account without any hiccup, if you remember your user ID and password correctly.
Under what situation Hotmail will not allow you to login your account
There are certain conditions present in which, Hotmail platform does not allowed used to access their account. The conditions are:
- The user has forgotten his account username or the password.
- The account of the user has got hacked and changes have been made in the setting page by the hacker.
- Because of being inactive with the account, Microsoft has suspended account.
- If the user does not have good internet connectivity on the device on which he/ she is trying to access the account, then also there will be hiccup in login.
- In case you are accessing your Hotmail account on his mobile device without updating the change he has made in the Hotmail account on the desktop. For example, if a user has changed the password of his Hotmail account on your desktop, and have not updated the same password on his mobile device, then Hotmail will not allow the user to access his account on mobile. However, in that case Hotmail will prompt the user to change the account password.
- The user would not be able to access his account in the situation when his account is already open on some other device. For example, if the user have opened your Hotmail account on one PC and want to open the same account on another PC with a different IP address, then he won’t be able to access that account.
- In case someone has permanently deleted your account or you have deleted the account by mistake, then also Hotmail will not identify you as a user and you won’t be able to access. In this situation, you can take the help of the technical team of Hotmail to get back the access of your account. Nevertheless, in this case you need to add really-really fast.